Laón-Laón 2012 : Dissemination
Laón-Laón shall engage in the following areas of concern:
- Institutional networking-continuous dialogue
- Collaborative projects-source and resources sharing (including manpower, expertise, innovations, etc)
- Education-field/research exchange, publication and productions
- Special concerns/advocacies-involvement in a wider discourse and/or debate that concerns music/cultural tradition of the dialogue members.
Specific projects for Laón-Laón 2012 are as follows:
- Digital Research and Development for Ethnomusicology Archives (DRDEA)- a collaborative research for management of digital and digitized archives of the dialogue member institutions that maybe accessed by all Laon Laon network members
- CD Production-produce an album that will contain audio samples from the collection of network members; this maybe used as a collector�s item or a pedagogical material
- Field Exchange-a program that will enable network members to conduct field research in country/area of study of other dialogue member
- Publication-ranges from publication of serials/journals or books. Topics may range from technical manual to new findings in the field. Specifics will be determined during strategic project planning in the 3rd meeting.
All products will be distributed to the network members for free. Sales and other manner of distribution of the materials will be discussed during the 3rd meeting.
Laón-Laón network project shall be of benefit to:
- Civil society (upon which their contemporary lives will be enriched by traditional music and not only art and entertainment music)
- Communities (to empower traditional communities and to also study how their tradition deals with change and the ideas of ownership of culture)
- Education (aspects of authenticity and asynchronous learning and participant-observation as alternative methodologies to instruction)
- World at large (where artistic alliances based on common heritage are made more accessible through modern media)
Laón-Laón Web . Copyright 2012 . UP Center for Ethnomusicology . All rights reserved . Web Master