Laón-Laón 2009 : Objectives
Areas of Concern and Future Action (from Laón-Laón 2008)
- To formalize and operationalize the organs of Laón-Laón as a permanent network project of Asian research centers, based on recommendations of Laón-Laón 2008. (See Areas of Concern and Future Action)
- To prioritize and design collaborative programs and projects from the recommendations made in Laón-Laón 2008. (See Areas of Concern and Future Action)
- To explore more areas of cooperation in the field of technical preservation.
- To expand the membership and participants of the project in relation to the Asia-Pacific Society for Ethnomusicology.
1. INSTITUTIONAL NETWORKING
- Preservation of collective data (individual scholars who may wish to digitize their collections). This capability can also be utilized for re-mastering recordings in old formats; e.g. gramophone recordings.
- Exchange of resources (personnel) and services.
- To be a cooperative of music research centers
- Standardization of preservation strategies especially in the context of digitization of data collected in old formats
- To formulate a Memorandum of Agreement that will cover exchange of materials, intellectual rights provisions, and access and dissemination policies (Dr. To) (Endo Suanda strongly suggested to define the scope of archiving, access, strategies and living traditions, as well as education that can be part of access much like tv and radio besides copyright.)
- To affiliate the network with IASA (International Association of Sounc Archivists).
- To sustain the project as a special organ of the Asia-Pacific Society for Ethnomusicology.
2. COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- Production of meaningful documentation. (Terada) An example is the extensive documentation made by MINPAKU of Cambodian performing arts with the collaboration of Dr. Sam-Ang Sam. To establish a mechanism by which the performing arts in the region can be equally shared.
- To undertake a collaborative production of research materials to be packaged in modular format geared towards providing materials for teaching.
- To coordinate individual publication of materials, by which all kinds of production can be translated into a common language bank.
- Facilitating accessibility of materials to children and the education community.
- To influence the educational community to establish a teaching paradigm that is culture-based
4. SPECIAL CONCERNS / ADVOCACY
- To address the matter of "living archive" the "biological" database.
- To use the Forum as a collective force in retrieving old documentations (recordings, photographs, films) of Asian intangible heritage as well as other materials such as old instruments, from private collections and other places outside Asia. An example is the recording made by American anthropologists of Filipino traditional music during the first decade of the 20th century.
- To raise and put up a special trust fund for the Laón-Laón project for coordinative and administrative requirements.
Laón-Laón Web . Copyright 2012 . UP Center for Ethnomusicology . All rights reserved . Web Master